Saturday, January 16, 2016

Where are the Snowflakes? A Little Preposition Fun

Hi Sweet Peeps. I wanted to share a quick and easy activity we did to work on prepositions. I know for my ELL kiddos this can be very tricky. Since we do not get snow in East Texas often, I have to bring in the snow in fun ways...not as fun as real snow though. :)

We started with a fun little poem I wrote that was full of prepositions. After listening to the poem, we acted it out because movement and gestures help our brains learn better.


We then read the poem together again as we colored the prepositions.


Students were then given their own snowflake to decorate. We used some of these directions to discuss where we put our snowflakes.


The kiddos LOVED this and it really showed me who might still be struggling with prepositions. Here are a few pictures.



Here is a little assessment you can use as well. :)


Click here to grab this *freebie*.


I hope to be back sooner than the last time to share some more ideas from my head and my heart.

From My Heart to Yours,

3 heart notes:

Nancy VandenBerge said...

Hi Heather! It was so good to see you are still blogging!!! I have missed you! What a cute little preposition activity! I will for sure be using it!! Thanks you, my friend!!
:)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a Great little activity!! I have missed you.

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers

A. Reed said...

Heather, what an adorable activity! I'll be using this this coming week. Thank you for your generosity and creativity!